FEEL COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN HOME East Harlem NY
The Abortion Pill (RU486) is our other natural abortion option with a 96-98% effectiveness rate. Like the SofTouch® method, it induces a natural miscarriage without surgery. Some of our patients prefer to undergo a miscarriage in the privacy of their home, which makes the Abortion Pill a great choice.
If you’re between 5 and 10 weeks of pregnancy, counting from the first day of your last menstrual period, you can take the Abortion Pill. One of our physicians will confirm the dates of pregnancy by an ultrasound examination.
If you are considering the Abortion Pill, you are also eligible for our SofTouch® procedure. Most women who come to Early Options® choose SofTouch® over the Abortion Pill, because they appreciate leaving our office with a sense of resolution. SofTouch® has many advantages over the Abortion Pill. It’s completed in one visit (instead of two), it’s nearly 100% effective, there is less bleeding and cramping, and your pregnancy symptoms resolve quickly.
Take the time to learn about both. You don’t have to decide before you come to Early Options. Your doctor will take the time to meet with you to go over your choices and help you make the choice that’s right for you
The Abortion Pill Step by Step East Harlem NY
- You’ll first meet with one of our expert physicians from our all women team in a private exam room to discuss your early abortion options. Your companion is welcome now and throughout your entire experience.
- Operating room
- The doctor will confirm your early pregnancy by ultrasound.
- Your dedicated clinical assistant will talk you through what to expect and how to take the Abortion Pill
- Once you’re ready, you’ll take the first pill (Mifepristone) in our office. Afterwards, you will feel normal and can continue daily activities.
- 6-72 hours later, you will take the second set of pills (Misoprostol) at home. Within hours, most women experience some cramping and bleeding that is heavier than a normal period. This may last for several hours. After that, your bleeding slows down, similar to a heavy period.
- Within a week, you will return to Early Options® for a follow-up ultrasound to confirm that the pregnancy has ended
- Most women have intermittent bleeding for the next weeks. Your physician will discuss what to expect. Our physicians are available 24/7 to respond to any questions or concerns you may have.
Decided, know you’re early? Schedule an appointment East Harlem NY
If you have decided to end your pregnancy and you are between 5 and 10 weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period, we can schedule you right away. During your appointment, you will meet with the doctor one-on-one. From there, you can move forward with whichever option you and doctor decide is best for you. To learn more about how your appointment will go step by step, click here.
Undecided, don’t know how far along you are? Schedule a consultation East Harlem NY
We can offer you a one-on-one consultation with one of our doctors who will provide you with in-depth information based on your specific situation. She will complete an ultrasound so you know how early in your pregnancy you are. You’ll be able to go over every option available, specific to your needs. We’re here to listen, not to pressure you.